Turmeric risotto, recipe and variants enriched with vegetables such as zucchini or peas. We will see a recipe with fresh turmeric and a version to be prepared with turmeric powder.
On the web I read a lot and "hear about" Cracco's turmeric risotto or the faster version of Benedetta Parodi. It really doesn't matter which recipe you follow because regardless of the technique, theturmeric risottoit is an excellent dish to take on the much beneficial yellow spice.
Thereturmericincludes propertyimmunostimulants and anti-inflammatory, useful for those suffering from seasonal allergies and in general for various ailments. It is rich in antioxidants. In Ayurveda medicine (traditional Indian medicine) turmeric is a spice heavily used also to treat wounds, burns and insect bites. According to recent research, theturmericit would always exert an anticancer effect by protecting the colon, lungs, breast and prostate.
To make the most of the properties of this ingredient, it is possible to use fresh rootor in powder to prepare an excellentturmeric risotto!
If your purpose is totake turmeric, you may also find the recipe forGolden milk, turmeric milk.
Turmeric risotto with fresh root
Let's start with the recipe that involves the use offresh turmeric. In the recipe we recommend carnaroli rice but, those who prefer it, can use the same amount of basmati rice. Here are the ingredients for four people:
- 1 liter of vegetable broth
- 20 ml of white wine
- 40 g of butter
- salt up as required
- chives as required
- black pepper to taste
- 40 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 120 g of fresh turmeric, to be cleaned (therefore about 60 - 65 g of fresh turmeric already cleaned)
- 300 g of carnaroli rice
- 60 g of white onions
To prepare the recipe, all you have to do is follow these instructions.
- Peel the turmeric and chop coarsely.
- Finely chop the onion.
- In a large saucepan, melt 20 g of butter and add the finely chopped onion and turmeric. Add a ladle of broth.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes.
- When the onion is wilted, add the rice and toast it. Deglaze with the white wine and, when it has completely evaporated, add a ladle of hot broth at a time.
- As the broth evaporates, add more until the rice is cooked.
- Stir often and, when the rice is cooked, add the grated Parmesan, chopped chives and butter.
- Mix all the ingredients well and serve.
Turmeric risotto, recipe with turmeric powder
Therefresh turmerichas a more intense aroma than theturmeric powder. For this reason I recommend that you prepare rice with fresh turmeric.
If you already have someturmeric powderyou want to use, follow the recipe indicated above. Replace fresh turmeric with 2 tablespoons of turmeric powder. Before you finish cooking, taste and if the flavor doesn't seem intense enough, gradually add moreturmeric powder.
Risotto with turmeric and vegetables
In the previous recipe, you can add some vegetables like zucchini or peas. Or you can replace the chives with marjoram, rosemary or thyme.
The real skill lies in finding the right ratio between the amount of turmeric and vegetables used. There is no fixed rule because it all depends on your expectations and preferences on the palate.
Zucchini and turmeric risotto recipe
By following the previous recipe, you can follow a variation on the theme! Change ingredients: Leave everything unchanged except the amount of turmeric.
- Add 270 grams of zucchini to be stewed with onions.
- Lower the amount of turmeric to 30 grams (already clean).
The procedure remains unchanged. A similar variation can be made to prepare the turmeric and pea risotto.