We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Breadfruit recipe: the perfect recipe for those looking for a healthy and tasty dessert, without sugar and without eggs. Free of refined flours and above all rich in vitamins and minerals.
Didn't you imagine that such a healthy dessert could exist? Then you did not know the breadfruit.
Do you know that there are healthy alternatives to delight the palate? It is not enough to say “Is home made”So that a dessert can be considered healthy. If a cake has refined sugar, vegetable margarine and white flour, it will not be healthier than packaged snacks. If you are looking for a truly healthy yet tasty recipe, this is the case prepare the breadfruit.
Thebreadfruitit is the typical dessert of the holidays. It includes all the features of thehealthy dessert:it is sugar-free and butter-free. To respect tradition and make it even morefriend of health, instead of the classic 00 flour it is better to use a semi-wholemeal flour, more consistent on the palate and with a lower glycemic index than the classic white flour. Semi-whole wheat flours are an excellent alternative to white or type 00 flour.
In type 00 flours (white flour), the presence of mineral salts or proteins has gradually been lost. Being a refined flour, almost all of the dietary fiber has been eliminated.
Thebreadfruitis a typical Italian dessert, from the Christmas food and wine tradition. This traditional dessert, over the years, has been supplanted by the various "Pandoro". Thebreadfruit, due to its shape and softness, it has been referred to several times as theItalian plum-cake.
For this preparation, you will not need electric mixers and whisks, you will do everything the old way!
- A cup of raisins
- Dried apricots
- Dried plums
- An Apple
- A ripe banana
- 500 grams of semi-whole wheat flour
- 100 grams of small oat flakes
- 2 handfuls of a seed mixture given by
- 2 teaspoons of green anise seeds
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 sachet of microgranule brewer's yeast
- 1⁄2 glass of extra virgin olive oil
- a glass of apple juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
If you have purchased natural, non-roasted seeds
Before starting with the recipe, previously toast the pumpkin seeds, almonds and shelled sunflower seeds.
How to proceed with the gingerbread recipe
- Rinse the raisins, apricots and dried plums. To re-hydrate and flavor them at their best, leave them to soak overnight in apple juice.
- The next morning you are ready for yours gingerbread recipe! Pour the rehydrated fruit into a bowl together with the apple juice. Add the fresh fruit, i.e. a clean, grated apple and the mashed banana.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil, salt, and the mixture of toasted seeds (sunflower seeds, almonds and pumpkin seeds).
- Add the green anise seeds and the oat flakes.
- Mix all the ingredients carefully with the help of a wooden spoon.
- In another bowl, sift the semi-whole wheat flour and add the yeast.
- Gradually, add the flour and yeast to the previous dough and mix.
- Work it well, first with the wooden spoon and ... then with your hands! Knead with one hand until you get a ball with a soft but not sticky consistency.
- If the dough is too moist, add a little more flour. If the dough is too dry, sprinkle with a few drops of apple juice.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Gently transfer the dough into the lined mold.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let it rise in a warm place for at least two hours.
- When the leavening is complete, all you have to do is proceed with cooking! Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Place the mold in the central area of the oven and cook the breadfruit for about 20 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 170 ° C and finish cooking by waiting another 20-30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, discard the breadfruit from the baking paper and place it on a grilled surface to allow it to cool completely.
Thebreadfruitit should be eaten cold. It is an excellent one recipe to prepare a healthy breakfast or snack.
You may also be interested in the article onDried plums