We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
How to care for your nails: practical and natural tips to make nails strong, beautiful and healthy. Natural and DIY remedies to strengthen nails and protect them from easy breakage.
The nails they must be treated like any other part of the body. If there is a wide range of products for hair for all types of problems (from dry hair to dandruff), nails they always seem set aside and little considered. Fortunately, at the time of the manicure we finally focus on the appearance of the nails ... and, instead of complaining in vain, we could try to understandhow to care for nailsand strengthen them to the fullest. Generally the main problem of the nails is related to their weakness. In this article you will find out how to care for nails in a simple and natural way!
How to care for your nails: the importance of cuticles
The cuticles are located at the inner end of the nail and represent the most important part precisely because it is from there that the nail is born. If the cuticle is not taken care of, the nail will grow badly (you know those fine streaks that make the nail "uneven", well they grow like this due to neglected cuticles). Often, in fact, there is a tendency to tear the skin that make up the cuticle, risking infections and disastrous aesthetic effects! Using the appropriate tools it is possible to take care of the cuticles avoiding unsightly consequences which, in addition to being unattractive, have repercussions on the health of the nail itself.
How to care for your nails: natural homemade scrub
To eliminate dead skin cells, you can make a fantastic natural scrub twice a week. To prepare it you will need:
- 1 tablespoon of honey.
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Warning: if you have obvious cuticle wounds, reduce the amount of salt (otherwise you could experience a strong burning that would irritate your hands excessively).
Mix all the ingredients and massage your hands and nails gently. The grains of salt and sugar have an exfoliating action, the oil and honey are soothing and moisturizing. After massaging carefully, rinse your hands with warm water and moisturize your hands and nails with specific creams or oils.
This treatment, eliminating impurities, will make your hands and nails softer, healthier and naturally more beautiful!
How to cure weak nails:natural remedies to strengthen nails
Weak nails: when nails look layered and tend to break, well it means they are not strong enough, you are neglecting them too much! Why if your skin is dry do you moisturize it and your nails don't? In fact, if they are dry and tending to break, it is time to feed them thoroughly! Like? Even if you may not have known it, there are real nail oils on the market. They can be found in shops dedicated to nail art or in outlets specializing in natural cosmetic products. If you really can't find these products, a good alternative moisturizing remedy can be cocoa butter, with a more compact texture than a normal moisturizer, therefore even more suitable for nail care.
Many natural remedies are available in the article dedicated toweak nails: how to strengthen weak nails.
How to care for your nails: practical advice
Here is a series of practical tips to take care of your nails, to always keep in mind.
Take care of your cuticles!
- Remember that cuticles should never be neglected at the time of the manicure. As we have anticipated, a healthy cuticle is equivalent to a healthy nail and vice versa. To facilitate the manicure, you can soften the nail thanks to the olive oil. In a bowl, pour some olive oil to which a few drops of lemon are added. Dip your fingers in this mix. The nails will soften and the manicure will be more effective and comfortable!
Protect your nails
- Remember to protect your hands during the day, household cleaning products (such as dish detergents, bleach, floor cleaners) are all rich chemical agents that corrode the surface of the nail making it fragile and dehydrated. Always wear quanta to avoid direct contact with these substances.
Don't forget to feed them
- Just as for the skin, remember to moisturize your nails daily, even better if with natural products! This will make them strong and healthy.
Use an acetone-free solvent
- The nail polish remover contains acetone, which, like household cleaning products, has a corrosive effect on the nail. In reality, even acetone-free solvents are aggressive and do not respect your nails ... to strengthen weak nails, try to abstain, at least for a short time, from solvents (and therefore from nail polish).
Always use a clear polish
- Even if you do not intend to put the colored nail polish, always take care in passing a transparent product that will create a protective barrier against external agents.